100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, Fri, 29 Sep 2023 - Sat, 28 Oct 2023
From $ 92.80
2. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Fri, 6 Oct 2023 - Th, 19 Sep 2024
From $ 69.60
3. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , Sat, 23 Sep 2023 - Th, 19 Sep 2024
From $ 60.80
4. Guided Tour of the Borghese Galleryat Guided Tour of the Borghese Gallery, Sat, 23 Sep 2023 - Th, 19 Sep 2024
From $ 71.10
5. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, Sat, 23 Sep 2023 - Th, 28 Dec 2023
From $ 108.20
6. St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb & Papal Crypts with Guideat St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb with Guide, Fri, 22 Sep 2023 - Sat, 16 Mar 2024
From $ 53.90
7. The Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Skip-the-Line Last Minute Ticketsat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip-the-Line Last Minute, Fri, 29 Sep 2023 - Sat, 30 Dec 2023
From $ 38.80
8. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Last-Minute Fast Trackat Colosseum Last Minute Priority Entrance with Optional Gladiator Arena, Mon, 25 Sep 2023 - Th, 19 Oct 2023
From $ 55.20
9. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , Th, 21 Sep 2023 - Th, 19 Sep 2024
From $ 166.20
10. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, Th, 21 Sep 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 88.90
Vatican Museums: Guided Tour in English
This guided tour of the Vatican gets you past the long lines at the Vatican Museums, so you can spend more time exploring the world's most incredible art collection and less time waiting outside.
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican
- Learn in-depth from an English-speaking guide
- Explore the world's most stunning art collection
- Tour with a small group (max 20 people)
- Admire the magnificent Sistine Chapel
- Explore St. Peter's Basilica
What can I expect?
Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
Take in the highlights of the Vatican Museum, from big-name attractions like the Sistine Chapel to the lesser-known gems of the collection. Your guide will teach you about the artists behind the museum's works, helping you notice the smallest of details. The small tour group size maximizes the educational power of the tour.
A definite highlight of the tour is a visit to the Sistine Chapel (as guided tours are not permitted within the chapel, your guide will fill you in on the chapel before sending you in.) A second highlight is Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture La Pietà, which happens to be the only one of Michelangelo's works which he signed!
After the Vatican Museum, your group will head to St. Peter's Basilica. On morning tours, your guide will take you into the Basilica and guide you through (except on Wednesdays, when the Basilica is typically closed to the public). On afternoon tours, your guide will fill you in on the Basilica before letting you head in to admire it on your own.
The tour finishes in St. Peter’s Square, where you can spot the balcony of the Pope or snap a selfie with the basilica in the background.
How does it work?
Your e-ticket will be emailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Bring a printed copy with you to the tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the base of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends outside St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 3 hours.
In what language is the tour available?
The tour is operated in English.
- From November until March, there won’t be a guided tour inside the Basilica, due to Basilica’s restrictions. Your guide will still be able to provide an explanation from the outside and you will be able to enter the Basilica on your own. The duration of your tour will not be affected, as your guide will decide how to allocate the time between the Museums and the Basilica accordingly.
- On Wednesday mornings and afternoons, St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. Customers who wish to visit St. Peter’s Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we strive to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- We regret that this tour is unable to accommodate guests who use wheelchairs or guests who require special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Infant (0-3): Free of charge
Fantastic: 5.0 – 2 reviews
"Best thing we did was to book a guidet tour. Made all the difference! And what a great guide we got. She knew so much and was really what made the tour go from great to excellence!"
Toril Tue, 16 May 2023
Book From $ 81.20
Refundable tickets Refundable tickets
Refundable up to 48 hours before performance date. A cancellation fee of up to 20% pr. ticket may apply
Print out voucher
Save time – Skip the line
Running Time: 3 hours
Vatican Museums: Guided Tour in English
The corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi 00192 Roma
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.