100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boatat Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boat, Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Tue, 31 Mar 2020
From $ 24.40
2. Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tourat Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tour, Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Sun, 13 Dec 2020
From $ 48.00
3. Doge's Palace: Skip the Lineat Doge's Palace, Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Tue, 7 Apr 2020
From $ 38.60
4. Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxiat Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxi, Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 96.20
5. Tour of the Doge's Palaceat Tour of the Doge's Palace , Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 0.00
6. Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica with Terracesat , Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 0.00
7. Best of Venice Tourat Best of Venice Tour w. Gondola Ride, Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 87.70
8. Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghettoat Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghetto, Wed, 1 Apr 2020 - Fri, 23 Oct 2020
From $ 67.20
9. Evening Tour with Gondola Rideat Evening Tour with Gondola Ride , Th, 2 Apr 2020 - Sat, 24 Oct 2020
From $ 91.80
Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palace
Our Best of Venice & Doge’s Palace tour is perfect for those who don't have that much time in Venice, but wants to experience the highlights of the city. You'll get to see all of the incredible highlights such as the Rialto Bridge and get a tour inside of both St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace. We’ll also visit some quieter spots among the winding streets and piazzas of Venice, where you can get a feel for what it is to live in this floating city.
- Discover the fascinating stories behind Venice's past on our 3.5 hour walking tour
- Explore the history of Venice among the halls and corridors of the Doge’s Palace
- Visit St. Mark’s Basilica and skip the line to the entrance
- Climb up to the famous terrace level for a great view of St. Mark’s Square
- Guaranteed a small group of no more than 20 people
Experience the Best of Venice incl. St. Marco's Basilica & Doge's Palace
The tour starts at one of Venice’s must-see sights, the Rialto Bridge. Then it’s through the winding streets and over the tiny bridges of Venice as we delve into the heart of the city. Here you’ll visit Marco Polo’s house and hear about the Venetian son who went to sea one day and came back with stories of China. Learn about the history of culture of Venice, from its beginning as an uninhabitable marsh, to one of the world’s most popular visitor destinations.
During the walk, you’ll encounter the lively piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where Byzantine influences, Renaissance buildings and modern structures tell the eclectic story of the city’s development.
Next we pass the Bridge of Sighs before coming to the heart of Venice – St. Mark’s Square. We’ll get straight inside with our skip the line acess and start the tour of St. Mark’s Basilica. Marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture, where eastern architecture and western design have blended to create a structure with an onion dome, before following your guide through the beautiful frescoes inside the basilica. The tour also includes a trip up to the famous terracces, where you'll get an amazing view of St. Marco's Square.
The last stop of the tour is the Doge’s Palace. Once home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, it is the center of Venetian history – and as one of the world’s oldest republics. We’ll explore all the best sights of the palace open to the public. Your visit to the Doge’s Palace will be the perfect way to wrap up your tour through the history and culture of Venice.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts in front of the bronze statue of a man in Campo S. Bortolomio, on the San Marco side of the Rialto Bridge. Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 4 hours.
This there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 4-14. Children from age 0-3 are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- The tour ends at the Doge's Palace.
- The tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
Fantastic: 5.0 – 1 reviews
Print out voucher
Running Time: 4 hours
The tour departs from April to November. Please check calendar for tour dates and time.
Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palace
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.