Over 3.5 million tickets sold
4000+ products in 30 cities
100% secure payment system
You can feel 100% safe while purchasing on our site
Pay in US dollars
You pay in dollars with no hidden fees
1. Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palaceat Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palace , Fri, 13 Dec 2019 - Sun, 29 Dec 2019
From $ 108.30
2. Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boatat Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boat, Mon, 9 Dec 2019 - Tue, 31 Mar 2020
From $ 24.40
3. Doge's Palace: Skip the Lineat Doge's Palace, Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - Tue, 31 Mar 2020
From $ 38.60
4. Tour of the Doge's Palaceat Tour of the Doge's Palace , Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 0.00
5. Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxiat Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxi, Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 96.20
6. Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica with Terracesat , Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 0.00
7. Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghettoat Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghetto, Wed, 1 Apr 2020 - Fri, 23 Oct 2020
From $ 67.20
8. Evening Tour with Gondola Rideat Evening Tour with Gondola Ride , Th, 2 Apr 2020 - Sat, 24 Oct 2020
From $ 91.80
9. Best of Venice Tourat Best of Venice Tour w. Gondola Ride, Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 87.70
Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tour
Escape the crowds and chaos of Venice and catch a glimpse of what the city used to be – an island of artisans world-famous for their craft, where traditional skills have been passed down from generation to generation for centuries. Join us on a half-day trip to these timeless islands, so close yet worlds away from crowded Piazza San Marco.
- Experience the two Venetian islands Murano and Burano
- Plenty of time to explore the islands and shop
- Live demonstrations in the art of glassblowing and lace-making
- Guaranteed no more than 25 people per group
Take a Trip back in Time
The tour starts with a short boat ride to Murano, a small island world-famous for its glass. Once upon a time Murano glassblowers were the only people in Europe who knew how to create a mirror and their skills were so valued that they were banned from leaving the city of Venice under threat of execution. Many things have changed since then, but the craft has stayed the same.
On our first stop you'll get to watch a craftsman in action and learn what gives the glass its color, how does silica sand become glass and which is the most difficult part of his job. Afterwards you will have time to browse the huge collection of glass art here and wander the island on your own.
Then we head back on the boat and off to our next stop, Burano. The tiny island of Burano is famous for two reasons. The first is for its houses. Huddled tightly together along streets and canals, each one is painted a different color, with laundry strung up across the narrow streets. Legend has it that fishermen started this trend, painting their houses in bright shades so that they could see home from a distance.
But Burano’s major claim to fame is its centuries old tradition of lacemaking. Your guide will take you through the streets of Burano to a small building where women sit stitching lace like their mothers and grandmothers before them.
We do not take a commission on purchases you make. In fact, we pass on our 10%+ discounts on to you, so you can shop for less.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts in front the statue of a man on a horse in Riva degli Schiavoni, in front of the lagoon.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 5 hours.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 2-14. Children between 0-1 years old are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The tour ends around 7:30 PM at the dock in front of Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth (near San Marco).
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Print out voucher
Running Time: 5 hours
Please check calendar for date and time.
Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tour
Riva degli Schiavoni 30100 Venice Itay
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.