100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Doge's Palace: Skip the Lineat Doge's Palace, Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Sat, 16 May 2020
From $ 38.60
2. Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tourat Glassblowing and Lacemaking Tour, Sat, 25 Jan 2020 - Sun, 17 Jan 2021
From $ 48.00
3. Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boatat Venice Hop-On Hop-Off Boat, Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Tue, 31 Mar 2020
From $ 24.40
4. Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palaceat Best of Venice Tour + the Doge’s Palace , Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Sun, 29 Dec 2019
From $ 0.00
5. Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghettoat Wine and Appetizers in the Jewish Ghetto, Wed, 1 Apr 2020 - Fri, 23 Oct 2020
From $ 67.20
6. Evening Tour with Gondola Rideat Evening Tour with Gondola Ride , Th, 2 Apr 2020 - Sat, 24 Oct 2020
From $ 91.80
7. Tour of the Doge's Palaceat Tour of the Doge's Palace , Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 0.00
8. Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxiat Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxi, Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 96.20
9. Best of Venice Tourat Best of Venice Tour w. Gondola Ride, Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Sat, 26 Oct 2019
From $ 87.70
Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica with Terraces
Skip the line to the Doge's Palace in Venice and take a tour through exclusive areas of the palace that are not open to the general public. Get ready to hear about the many secrets that lie within! You'll also visit the St. Mark's Basilica, where you'll skip the line and see the terraces. This tour is led by an English-speaking guide.
- Skip the line to the Doge's Palace
- See areas of the palace that are not open to the general public
- Skip the line to St. Mark's Basilica
- Visit the terraces of the basilica
- Learn from your English-speaking guide
- Listen via a headset
What can I expect?
Ready for a day of exploration and education? Then gear up for a guided tour of the Doge's Palace and the St. Mark's Basilica. The morning begins with a tour of the areas of the Doge's Palace that are not normally open for the general public. This includes the torture chamber, the Chamber of the Secret Chancellery, and the cell from which the legendary Casanova escaped. Why was Casanova arrested, and how did he escape? You'll learn these details, along with plenty of other fascinating facts, from your expert guide.
Once you're brought up to speed on the secrets of the Doge, you'll have time to explore the palace on your own. Walk across the Bridge of Sighs, which got its name from the prisoners that walked its length on their way to cells across the canal. It's a piece of dark history - mysterious, yet fascinating. While enjoying your break, make sure to take the time to sit in the sun and enjoy some lunch before reuniting with your guide-
The tour continues to St. Mark's Basilica, where you see the beautiful interior, dating all the way back to the 11th century. The artwork inside, including many stunning mosaics, will take your breath away. Your visit ends with a visit to the terraces, where you can catch the incredible view over the Piazza San Marco below!
How does it work?
Your ticket will be e-mailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Present the ticket on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy with you.
- Please note that the A.M. tour of Doge's Secret Itineraries lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes and ends at the Doge's Palace, where you can continue visiting the palace at your own pace. There is a break between the two tours. The P.M. tour lasts 1 hour and ends at St. Mark's Basilica.
- There is a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests using wheelchairs or those who requiring special assistance.
- The tour is unable to accommodate baby strollers and baby carriages.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark's Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- Photography is prohibited inside the Doge's Palace. Photography is also prohibited inside St. Mark’s Basilica. It is permissible to take pictures when outside on the terrace
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
What’s not included?
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Mobile voucher accepted
Save time – Skip the line
Running Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Tuesday, Friday and Saturday: 9:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M.
- Skip the line access and entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace.
- Skip the line access to St. Mark's Basilica.
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide.
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide.
Riva degli Schiavoni 30124 Venezia VE
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.