100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guideat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guide, Th, 30 Mar 2023 - Th, 27 Apr 2023
From $ 37.20
2. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , Mon, 3 Apr 2023 - Sat, 6 Jan 2024
From $ 63.00
3. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , Th, 30 Mar 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 172.00
4. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Last-Minute Fast Trackat Colosseum Last Minute Priority Entrance with Optional Gladiator Arena, Th, 30 Mar 2023 - Th, 27 Apr 2023
From $ 37.20
5. Vatican and Rome Cardat Vatican and Rome Card, Th, 30 Mar 2023 - Sun, 24 Sep 2023
From $ 171.20
6. Big Bus Rome Toursat Big Bus Rome Tours, Th, 30 Mar 2023 - Wed, 27 Mar 2024
From $ 37.50
7. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, Sat, 1 Apr 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 92.00
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Fri, 31 Mar 2023 - Fri, 5 Jan 2024
From $ 69.40
9. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, Sat, 1 Apr 2023 - Th, 28 Dec 2023
From $ 112.00
10. Vatican Museums: Guided Tour in Englishat Vatican Museums: Guided tour in English, Fri, 31 Mar 2023 - Mon, 8 Jan 2024
From $ 84.00
Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hours
This best-selling tour takes you through the heart of Rome to the Colosseum, where you'll skip the line to Colosseum. Make your way past the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and more as your guide recounts the history of these landmarks. Get ready for ancient history to come to life!
- Take a guided tour past major Roman landmarks
- Skip the line to the Colosseum
- Stand on the original arena floor
- Learn about the history and architecture of the Colosseum
- See the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon
What can I expect?
Meet your guide just steps from the Colosseum where you’ll want to take some pictures of the spectacular view before we descend to the entrance.
Enjoy fast track entry to the vast arena, the Icon of Rome built in 72ad to seat up to 50,000 spectators. Once inside, your guide will paint an accurate picture of the Gladiator games that took place in the Roman Empire’s most impressive arena, helping you to decipher between fact, fiction, and the images portrayed by big-screen Hollywood blockbusters.
After walking around the perimeter of the Colosseum, gaze down onto the arena floor and beneath to the maze-like underground level where man and beast awaited their moment of glory or met their fateful death.
Follow your guide outside the arena and travel even further back in time as you enter the Roman Forum, the true heart of Ancient Rome with monuments dating as far back as the 7th century BC. Learn of the legendary founding of Rome on the Palatine hill and how a she-wolf rescued and nursed the young twins Romulus (the first King of Rome) and Remus after they washed up on the banks of the Tiber River, and how these famous twins would pave the way for future tyrants, Emperors, and even Caesars who declared themselves Gods throughout the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
As we change gears and fast-forward many a century, no visit to Rome is complete without a trip to the Trevi Fountain. This renaissance jewel was immortalized in Fellini’s film “La Dolce Vita” by none other than Anita Ekberg, who dared to take an impromptu dip. Be sure to toss three coins into the blue water before moving on to our next port of call: the Pantheon. Tour this astonishing architectural marvel built nearly 2,000 years ago as a Pagan temple to honor the Gods, and learn why it is the best preserved of all the Roman ruins in the city.
Your morning tour concludes at Piazza Navona, the most beautiful of Rome’s renaissance piazzas. As you stroll across this picturesque promenade that lies above what was once emperor Domitian’s stadium, you’ll enjoy the scene of buskers and street artists while Bernini’s remarkable Baroque fountains take center stage.
How does it work?
Your e-ticket will be emailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Print it out and bring it on your tour, or present it via mobile phone.
Where does the tour begin?
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Rome.
- The tour includes a lot of walking, so please wear appropriate and comfortable footwear.
- Due to uneven surfaces this tour is not recommended for guests who use wheelchairs or those with limited mobility.
- This tour is operated in English.
- For security reasons, backpacks, large handbags, and other pieces of luggage are not permitted inside the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Infant (0-5): Free
What’s not included?
- Tips (optional).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Food and drinks.
Fantastic: 4.7 – 140 reviews
"Rigtig god guide"
God og spændende tur gennem det gamle Rom
"Meget venlig og vidende guide. God tid på turen bl. a. at tage billeder. Kan absolut anbefales at booke turen på forhånd, da man således springer de lange køer over. Guiden satte et dejligt personligt præg på turen..."
Den bedste oplevelse i Rom
"Vi var så heldige at have Irene som guide og det var en fantastisk oplevelse. Hun gav rigtig fine oplysninger krydret med humoristiske betragtninger, samtidig med, at hun gavmildt fortalte os om Rom og romerne. Hun og When in Tome tour har vores varmeste anbefalinger."
Enestående oplevelse med super guide
"Peterskirken: Vi havde en enestående oplevelse på turen og en meget grundig guide, der var meget spændende af høre på. En fantastisk rundtur med en masse af andre mennesker omkring os... :-) Det bedste af Rom: Den mest spændende oplevelse, ikke mindst på grund af vores skønne guide (Claire?). Hun var charmerende, intelligent, humoristisk, meget let at forstå, vidste virkeligt meget om Rom både fortid og nutid - en super guide, som vi varmt kan anbefale alle andre :-)."
Book From $ 113.10
Mobile voucher accepted
Save time – Skip the line
Running Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Upon arrival at the meeting address, all members of your party over the age of 12 or older must present a “Health Pass” and a valid ID, proving that you are either:
- Fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine - first and second dose), and the second dose administered at least 14 days before your visit
- You have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 48 hours.
- Or that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a PCR or antigen test result, at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old
Please check calendar for date and time.
- Skip the line-ticket to Colosseum.
- Historic walking tour of Rome.
- A live guide.
The Best of Rome in 3.5 Hours
Largo Gaetana Agnesi 00184 Rome
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.