100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Vatican and Sistine Chapel: Skip the Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - Mon, 27 Jul 2020
From $ 33.60
2. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - Mon, 27 Jul 2020
From $ 72.50
3. St. Peter's Basilica: Fast Trackat St. Peter's Basilica: Fast Track Entry, Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - Sat, 25 Apr 2020
From $ 27.90
4. Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica: Skip the Line & Guided Tourat , Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - Tue, 28 Jul 2020
From $ 55.30
5. 2-in-1 Guided Colosseum & Guided Vatican tourat Best of Rome and the Vatican, Fri, 31 Jan 2020 - Mon, 27 Jul 2020
From $ 113.50
6. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hoursat The Best of Rome in 3.5 Hours, Fri, 31 Jan 2020 - Mon, 27 Jul 2020
From $ 78.80
7. Frascati Wine Tasting & Lunchat , Wed, 29 Jan 2020 - Mon, 27 Jul 2020
From $ 112.10
8. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, Fri, 31 Jan 2020 - Wed, 30 Dec 2020
From $ 115.10
9. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Extended Vatican Tour, Th, 30 Jan 2020 - Mon, 25 Jan 2021
From $ 126.10
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Th, 30 Jan 2020 - Mon, 25 Jan 2021
From $ 71.30
St. Peter's Basilica: Guided highlights & the Tombs
Skip the long lines and explore St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, where you see the sacred underground tombs of the Necropolis. On this guided tour you see the masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael inside St. Peter's Basilica and learn about the history of the church. After the guided tour you can explore at your own pace!
- Skip the line to St. Peter's Basilica
- Go underground and explore the ancient necropolis
- Learn the history of the Basilica on a guided tour
- See masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael
- Explore at your own pace after the tour
What can I expect?
Skip the lines to St. Peter's Basilica and lose yourself in the majesty of one of the world's grandest churches. You'll see masterpieces by artists like Michelangelo, Bernini, and Raphael, and enjoy amazing views of St Peter's Square.
Next up, head underground for a tour of the Necropolis, the vast burial chambers beneath the Basilica. Some of the graves at this ancient Roman burial site date back to the first century! On your guided tour of the Necropolis, you'll learn all about early Christianity and get to see the final resting place of Saint Peter himself.
When you return to the land of the living, you can enjoy the rest of the Basilica at your own pace. See more priceless artistic masterpieces and jaw-dropping Baroque architectural adornments. Make sure to check out the dome, designed by Michelangelo, which fills the church with light. You could easily spend a whole day exploring this glorious monument!
How does it work?
Your ticket will be e-mailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Bring a printed copy with you, or present the ticket on your mobile phone.
Where does the tour begin?
The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of St Peter's Square, in the middle of the colonnade, precisely in front of the Police hurdle.
Please be there 20 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 2.5 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for all individuals. Tiqets and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- The visit to the Basilica of St. Peter may not take place during the liturgical celebrations of the Holy Father, on other events of the Holy See or and the Vatican City State, and on Wednesdays. If the Basilica can't be visited, the guided tour will be carried out only in the Vatican Museums (for about three hours). In this case the ticket purchased will not be refundable.
- The necropolis isn't recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia.
- This tour is not recommended for visitors with reduced mobility.
- Large bags and photographic equipment are not allowed.
Adult (15+) - visitors must be aged 15 or older.
Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 AM.
What’s not included?
- Access to the Cupola.
Mobile voucher accepted
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 AM.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Necropolis.
- Timed entrance to St Peter's Basilica.
- A guided tour.
- Individual headsets.
St Peter's Basilica & Necropolis: Guided Tour & Skip the line
St. Peter's Basilica Piazza San Pietro 00120 Rome
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.