Travel back in time as you learn about the bloodiest battle in the American Civil War.
- Enjoy a full-day tour to Gettysburg
- Visit the Shriver House Museum, a restored Civil War house
- Learn about the historical background at Gettysburg Visitor Center
- See a short film narrated by actor Morgan Freeman
- Try the 360-degree experience of the battlefield
- Enjoy a two-hour guided tour of the battlefield with bus
- Stop at key landmarks as Big and Little Round Top & Devil's Den
- Enjoy transfer to/from Washington DCTravel Back in Time to GettysburgAt the start of this tour, you’ll see the rolling countryside of Pennsylvania on the way to the battlefield. The day starts off in the Shriver House Museum, which is a restored house from the Civil War that provides for a living history experience. The Shrivers were a family that lived close to the battlefield and this home is dedicated to showing how they lived, and how civilians were affected by the destruction and chaos surrounding them. The next part of the tour will take you to the Gettysburg Visitor Center, where you’ll start by getting some background information for the rest of the day and get ready to step out and learn about the American Civil War. You'll begin with a short film, narrated by actor Morgan Freeman, which will give you some of the historical backing for the tour.
Following the film, you will go upstairs to a one-of-a-kind cyclorama, which offers a 360-degree experience of the battlefield.
The museum at the Visitor Center is a hidden gem that gives you the timeline over the events leading up to the famous battle. It also allows you to see some of the artillery used and memorabilia of the Confederacy.At the end is the highlight of the tour; a two-hour guided visit to the battlefield. You will board the motor coach and drive around and get off at such key landmarks as Big and Little Round Top, Devil's Den, the Peach Orchard and more.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it to the Gray Line office in Union Station.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour departs from the Gray Line office at Union Station on the Bus Terminal Level.
Please be there approx. 30 minutes in order to have enough time to redeem your voucher before your tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends back at Union Station.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 10.5 hours.
What languages is the tour operated in?
The tour is operated in English.
Is lunch included?
No, lunch is not included in this tour.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 3-11. Children under age 3 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
There is also Family Tickets for 2 adults and 2 children between age 3-11.
- Your driver will not accompany you outside of the bus. You will explore the sights on your own.