Royal Monastery of El Escorial and Madrid Sightseeing Tour
Why only see and enjoy El Escorial, when we also offer a combination with a sightseeing tour of Madrid – all in the same day. Tickets for visit at the Royal Monestery of El Excorial and sighseeing tour of Madrid here!
The first part of this tour is visiting El Escorial located only 45 km from Madrid. El Escorial (Real Monasterio de El Escorial ) is declared Human Heritage, and is a symbol of the Spanish Power in the sixteen century plus a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of the construction, it was considered the eighth wonder of the world for a long period of time.
The visit to El Escorial includes the Hapsburgs Palace , the Kings and Princes Mausoleum , the Chapter Houses , the Architecture Room , the Weapons Room , the Library and the Basilica.
After El Escorial we drive the 9 km. to Basilica of the Valley (Basilica Del Valle ), an enormous monument built between 1940 and 1959! The Basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 metres of altitude, and an impressive 150 metres high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range. Our guide will tell you all about this place, from the outside of the Basilica, and hereafter you will have time on your own to admire the wonderful views of the Sierra de Madrid.
NB: The visit at Basilica of the Valley may be cancelled on short notice due to bad weather or if a service take place at the Basilica.
After our beautiful visit at El Escorial and the Basilica ot the Valley we will drive back to Madrid and join a full Sightseeing Tour of Madrid incl. sights and Madrid monuments like; Calle Mayor , Plaza Mayor , Plaza de la Villa , the Royal Palace , Prado Museum , Gran Vía , Paseo de la Castellana , Barrio Salamanca , Plaza de Castilla etc.
- The tour will be guided in English and can be operated in Spanish at the same time!
- Duration: Approx. 7½ hours.
- The ticket is ONLY valid on the booked day.
- Every day at 08:45AM. No tour on mondays!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Children are from 6 to 15 years old.
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- There will be some walking on this tour, so wear appropriate shoes.
- Tour of Roral Monastery of El Escorial and Madrid Sightseeing starts and ends at Julia Travel – Gray Line Spain.