City Insider's Tour & Alcatraz
This tour combines the best of San Francisco. Kick off your day with a visit to Alcatraz Island, take the ferry back and spend the afternoon with a tour around San Francisco's famous and unknown sights.
Morning: Alcatraz Island Tour **
Get ready to visit one of the most renowned landmarks in the world, Alcatraz Island. Start the day with a trip to the most famous prison in U.S. history. This memorable tour includes a 45-minute presentation 'Doing Time: The Alcatraz House Tour' featuring recordings of actual guards and inmates who lived and worked on the island. It takes between 2-2,5 hours to do the full tour. The ferry leaves roughly every 30 minutes.
Afternoon: City Insider's Tour **
The City Insider’s tour is a 4-5 hour tour given by a local perspective. This tour is great for those who want to discover hidden sights not included in other city tours or guide books! You are also welcome to request areas that interest you. You get to enjoy more stops and photo opportunities on this San Francisco city tour as well as more time at each attraction. You get to experience sights such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Ocean beach, the Market Street Cable Cars, Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Twin Peaks, Fisherman’s Wharf, the Stadium of the San Francisco Giants Baseball Team - just to name a few.
** Note: on some dates the Alcatraz visit is in the afternoon and the city tour in the morning!
- Complimentary drop off at your hotel
- Alcatraz ticket included
- See the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Semi-customizable: request favorite stops!
- Visit Golden Gate Park
- Crookedest St: Lombard Street
- Your booking is on request, so it can take up to 4 days before we can confirm your booking. If confirmed you must print out your voucher/e-ticket we send to your e-mail address and bring it with you to San Francisco
- This tour includes free hotel drop-off for guests staying in hotels near the Fisherman's Wharf or Downtown area after the tour is over.
- On the day of your tour, you must collect your Alcatraz tickets at Alcatraz Landing - Pier 33 Will Call Office. You will get your exact morning departure time for Alcatraz (Normally between 9:00 and 10:30), when you receive your booking confirmation email. Please note: You need to be at Pier 33 at least 30 minutes before scheduled Alcatraz departure time.
- After your Alcatraz visit, you must be back at 1:40 PM at the Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf - 250 Beach Street (just a 10 minute walk from Alcatraz Landing - Pier 33) to start the City Insider's Tour.
- Children's tickets are available for children from age 11 and under.