Disney's The Lion King - Broadway
Experience Disney's popular and award-winning family movie The Lion King as a musical on Broadway. With music by Elton John, The Lion King is one of the most stunning and moving musicals ever made. It's a sure hit for the entire family!
- Ensure your tickets to this wildly popular musical
- Get the best available seats within your chosen category
- Enjoy the music by Elton John
- Experience an award-winning musical, incl. Best Musical
- Watch a musical for the whole family
What is the Lion King about?
When the young lion prince Simba is born, his evil uncle Scar is pushed back in the line for the throne. Scar plans to kill both Simba and his father, King Mufasa, so he can take over the throne and become king. Simba survives, but thinks he's the cause of his father's death and decides to flee the kingdom.
Simba finds himself starting a new life accompanied by two very improbable friends Timon and Pumba. But the past will come back to haunt him and he will find himself having to face a fearsome enemy in order to fulfill his destiny and take his rightful place as the mighty king!
In the Lion King, the savannah becomes alive on Broadway in New York! The songs in the Lion King include 'Circle of Life', 'Hakuna Matata' and 'Can You Fell the Love Tonight'.
As The New York Times says, “There is simply nothing else like it.”
Did you know this about the Lion King?
The musical has world premiere in London in October 1999, and since then it has been shown in many large cities around the world. The musical has won no less than 6 Tony Awards on Broadway in New York, received an Evening Standard distinction as the theater event of the year and been nominated for no less than 8 Olivier Awards.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by email. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you to the theater.
How long is the musical?
The Lion King is 2 hours and 45 minutes, including intermission.
Who is the musical suitable for?
The Lion King the musical is for all ages, young and adults alike. The musical is especially popular among families. It's recommended for children from age 6. Please be aware that children under 3 years old will not be admitted.
Who's the team behind?
The Lion King the Musical features an amazing score crafted by the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Elton John and Tim Rice as well as the marvelous work of Tony Award-winning choreographer Garth Fagan. Julie Taymor directs this musical version of Disney's insanely popular movie the Lion King. She actually won a Tony Award for Best Director of a Musical as the first female ever.
- Please note: Strobe lighting is used several times during the show.
- When booking tickets for a musical in New York you will always be granted best seats available at the time of your booking. We have no influence on the exact seat and row number, as it is solely the theater that can appoint the seats. Within 36 hours after you have received your first booking confirmation, you'll receive an additional confirmation with your exact seats. These cannot be changed or altered as they were the best available seats at the time of your booking.
Fantastic 4.8Result from 4 customer reviews
Great experience, unforgettable!
Great show, great night everybody will enjoy the show .
Loved it , I have seen a few shows but this was amazing !